BOTOX® – Colchester, VT
Reduce Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Some people show signs of aging more clearly than others. However, this doesn’t mean that you need to settle for fine lines and wrinkles. In addition to using your facial muscles daily, other factors, like sun exposure, smoking, and genetics can worsen the appearance of wrinkles. In order to recreate your smooth, youthful appearance, we offer BOTOX®. To learn more about BOTOX® and its numerous benefits, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Why Choose Elevate Dental For BOTOX®?
- Dentist Is “Master Injector” of BOTOX®
- BOTOX® for TMJ Treatment
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE)
What is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is a controlled form of botulinum toxin that has been used medically for decades in the treatment of muscle spasms and pain. When injected into spasming or damaged muscles, BOTOX® prevents unconscious movements that can lead to severe pain and slow the healing process. When used cosmetically, BOTOX® stops the muscle movements that result in fine lines and wrinkles.
Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX®?
Patients who have certain neuromuscular diseases, are pregnant, have skin disorders, or have deep facial scars, may not be the best candidates for BOTOX®. This is why it is crucial that you schedule a consultation. The ideal candidates for BOTOX® tend to be in their late 20s and older and are looking to correct facial imperfections, like:
- Crow’s feet
- Lines between the eyebrows
- Muscle spasms
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Smoker’s lines
- Lines in the corners of the mouth
If you are experiencing pain in your temporomandibular joint (TMJ), BOTOX® may be able to help to relieve some of your discomfort. When it is injected into the appropriate areas of your facial muscles, it can relieve much of the tension that you feel. BOTOX® can help to reduce headaches, tension, and pain caused by clenching or grinding teeth as well as severe jaw strain.
The Benefits of BOTOX®
There are a variety of reasons why a patient may want to undergo BOTOX® treatment. Here are just some of its incredible benefits:
- Quick Results: BOTOX® is often referred to as a “lunchtime facelift” because it can be completed in as few as 20 minutes. Results become noticeable in just three to five days.
- Non-Surgical: Unlike invasive surgical procedures, BOTOX® is scalpel-free and requires little to no recovery time.
- Cost-Effective: BOTOX® is a cost-effective way to enhance your appearance.
- Delicate Effects: Lots of patients worry that getting BOTOX® will look obvious. The effects are actually subtle, delicate, and will enhance your youthfulness.
- Lasting Results: The effects of BOTOX® typically last between three and six months.
- TMJ Treatment: BOTOX® can help to relieve discomfort associated with TMJ dysfunction.
Why See a Dentist for BOTOX?
Dentists are authorized to administer BOTOX® injections to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic issues. Dentists have spent many years studying the ways that facial muscles interact, and they have years of experience administering precise injections. Dr. Kristen has completed over 200 hands-on courses to receive the title of “master injector” for BOTOX®, Dermal Filler, and PDO thread treatments through the American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE).