PDO Threads – Colchester, VT
Rejuvenating Your Skin for a More Youthful Look
Over the years, some people may notice that they’ve developed some facial skin that sags, causing them to appear older than they are. Furthermore, elasticity might also start to wane with age due to years of making various facial expressions while talking and smiling. You don’t have to settle for this aging appearance. Other than traditional facelifts, our team at Elevate Dental can provide you with PDO Threads to tighten your skin and improve collagen production. Keep reading to learn more about this treatment or call our team today to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Elevate Dental for PDO Threads?
- Improve Skin Texture
- Highly-Trained Doctor with Years of Experience
- Detailed Explanations & Comfortable Techniques
What Are Lifting PDO Threads?
Lifting PDO (polydioxanone) threads are designed to help lift your skin and at the same time stimulate collagen (neogenesis) production. This process is minimally invasive and it’s meant to help enhance the texture and the firmness of your skin. Areas include eyebrow lifts, cheek/gowl lifts and jaw snatch lift, and neck lifts. The threads or sutures will dissolve over 6 months, you won’t have to undergo a lengthy recovery, and your results can usually last around 3 years.
What Are Smooth PDO Threads?
Similar to a lifting procedure, smooth PDO threads can be used on various parts of the body but are typically meant to help target scaring from acne and smoothing small wrinkles. Your doctor will strategically insert the material under the surface of your skin. As the smooth thread dissolves it will produce collagen to promote a smoother, supple, and more radiant appearance. This technique usually needs to be performed multiple times for the best results. This procedure is typically performed on those who wish to reduce scaring between the eyes, scaring on cheeks, lines on the forehead and mouth.
Who’s a Good Candidate for PDO Threads?
If you’re struggling with acne scaring or mild to moderate facial sagging PDO Threads are for you! In many cases, since the treatment can only help move the face about a few millimeters or less, it won’t provide significant results for patients who have skin that’s too loose or drooping. If you’re in your late 30s or early 60s, you may be ideal for this procedure. Older patients may be able to undergo the process, especially if a facelift isn’t a viable option due to problematic health conditions.
Those who are experiencing mild to moderate systemic issues such as controlled Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, or some other heart-related disease may still receive PDO Threads since it only involves a local anesthetic. Be sure to schedule a consultation with your doctor so they can determine if you can move forward with this treatment.
Benefits of PDO Threads
With PDO Threads, you can be sure to enjoy a wide range of benefits from the procedure, including:
- Less invasive process : Unlike a facelift, PDO Threads simply insert a thread/suture to promote collagen production, meaning you won’t have to undergo a lengthy healing period. You may have some mild bruising after, which can easily be covered up by makeup.
- Optimal comfort : With a simple local anesthetic, you can receive your treatment pain-free. You’ll also be able to return to your normal daily routine without much discomfort.
- Low-risk results : You’ll have a much lower chance of scarring or experiencing complications from your treatment.
- Cost-effective treatment : Compared to traditional facelifts, PDO Threads come with a lower upfront price, making them a more attractive procedure.
- Natural-looking solution : PDO Threads offer subtle and effective changes to your face, allowing you to enjoy a more natural appearance after the process.