Tooth-Colored Fillings – Colchester, VT
Treat Cavities Seamlessly and Safely
Tooth decay is an incredibly common problem. In fact, the American Dental Association estimates that 91% of Americans over the age of 20 have had a cavity at some point in their lives, and more than 1 in 4 people have untreated cavities. In the past, the only way to repair a tooth that had been damaged by decay was with a metal (amalgam) filling. However, not only do these leave a shiny metal blob in your pearly whites, but they can damage your teeth over time as well. That’s why at Elevate Dental, we choose to treat cavities seamlessly and safely with tooth-colored fillings from our Colchester, VT dentist. Read on to learn how this simple restoration can help your smile look and feel its best for years to come.
Why Choose Elevate Dental
for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Time-Tested, Natural-Appearing Material
- State of the Art Dental Technology
- Dental Office Conveniently Located Near Burlington
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Made of?
Tooth-colored fillings use composite resin to replace decayed tooth structure. This material is made of ultra-fine particles of dental ceramic, porcelain, and glass, and it can be custom-made to match the color of the surrounding enamel. Composite resin adheres very well to enamel, which makes it an excellent choice for sealing out bacteria and very easy to put in place.
What Are the Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are popular among patients and dentists alike for a variety of reasons, including:
- Lifelike appearance: The natural-looking appearance of composite resin allows it to become nearly indistinguishable from the rest of your smile. Some of the filling materials that we use have a chameleon effect that even blends into the existing tooth color!
- Preservation of natural tooth structure: Composite resin is pliable and bonds well to enamel, which means little to no healthy tooth structure needs to be removed to place these fillings.
- Stable and safe material: Unlike metal fillings, tooth-colored fillings won’t expand or contract when exposed to hot or cold temperatures, making them a safer choice for the long-term wellbeing of your tooth.
- Minimizing dental sensitivity: While metal fillings commonly cause tooth sensitivity, tooth-colored fillings form a tight seal to effectively seal out bacteria and sensitivity.
How Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Placed?
In most cases, tooth-colored fillings can be placed in a single quick and easy appointment. First, your Colchester dentist will carefully remove the decayed tooth structure and choose a custom shade of composite resin to match the natural color of your teeth. Then, we’ll use it to fill in the cleaned-out portion of your tooth and sculpt it into place. Once it looks like a natural part of your enamel, we’ll use a special curing light to harden it so it stays durable for many years to come. Finally, we’ll polish it, ensure your bite feels comfortable, floss it to make sure it is self-cleaning, and then you’ll be ready to enjoy your beautifully restored and cavity-free smile!
Remember, leaving cavities untreated can lead to serious oral health issues over time. If you have a cavity be sure to give us a call today!